Welcome to the Well

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs. 4:23







Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Listening

This has been a problem for me in the past during my times of prayer. I tend to have a mouth full of worries/problems to voice and spend little time listening. I realize He can talk to me throughout the day, but am I really taking the time to stop, meditate on the thought, allow it to speak to me and perhaps change me? It's the still small voice that reminds me that He is with me and is working. Sometimes, I forget what I pray and later on when the prayer is answered I miss out on God's blessings because of business. But not today! When I sat down to eat my bowl of soup for lunch, God reminded me of a time that I prayed and asked Him to teach me about "salt." Yes, salt that you eat and how I can be like salt. See, I have had a cold for the last few days and nothing really tastes that great. My soup needed something to make it tastes better. It needed SALT!! My saltine crackers did the trick and made it delicious! Before, my soup was tasteless and void of flavor, but then I added salt and it changed the taste and made it better. God wants me to be like salt.... add flavor wherever I go, make it better by gracing it with saltiness (Him). Also, He does not want my taste buds to grow numb for Him, but He wants me to keep an expectation in my spirit and a hunger for Him to quench. Yes, the salt quenched my taste buds, but God quenched that deep well inside my heart. I love how God reminded me of my prayers and how He showed me the answer. This fast has been so rewarding.

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses it's saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled on by men."
Matthew 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment